Pancake Servo Motors are used in speed-controlled or position-controlled feedback systems to control valves within the system. They have a very low profile to fit into spaces less than 1 inch and offer high torque when it is needed for small spaces. If your application requires a long life in a low-profile area, we can provide you a solution. We can design and manufacture a Pancake Servo Motor to fit your needs.
One of the main benefits of Pancake Servo Motors is the fact they have a low-profile and can be placed into small areas. We can design and manufacture Pancake Servo Motors as small as 40 mm in total height with diameter around 80 to 300 mm, not including the shaft. Because of the small size, these Pancake Servo Motors are perfect for use inside robotics, optics and pumps.
Another benefit of the Pancake Servo Motor is that they are brushless which means they do not have mechanical components that will wear out. If there are no mechanical components to wear out, you can feel secure in placing these motors inside hard-to-get-to areas and expect them to last for a long time. If thin section or crossed roller bearings are included in the Pancake Servo Motor, it will increase the life expectancy of the motor. Despite their size, Pancake Servo Motors can provide up to 3,000 RPM.
To help you determine if you have the right Pancake Servo Motor for your application, ask yourself these questions:
- Does my application require a specific amount of torque?
- Does it require a detent or holding torque?
- Does the application require a duty cycle of a particular length?
- Is one step angle desired above another?
- Does is the required RPM or step rate?
- Are bipolar coils preferred over unipolar coils?
- What coil voltage is needed?
- What size restrictions are there for the application?
- Do I know the anticipated life requirement for the motor?
- What is the operating temperature for the Pancake Servo Motor?
- Will the temperatures remain constant or will they fluctuate?
- Will it have radial and axial loads?
When you have the answers to these questions, and have a better understanding about your application needs, call us at 775-333-5984. We would like to discuss your Pancake Servo Motor needs with you and to design the best Pancake Servo Motor to meet those needs.