Do you have the right Rotary Servo for the job you have to do? Prime Drives manufactures Rotary Servos and will work closely with you to ensure you have the right Rotary Servo for your application needs. Before deciding if you have the right one, however, it is important to understand what a Rotary Servo is, what applications they might be used for, and what benefits you can receive from using Prime Drives’ Rotary Servos.
What is a Rotary Servo? Also called a Direct Drive Servo, a Rotary Servo is a precision rotary positioning device. It is most often used in robotics, for antenna pedestals, and in medical patient beds. Rotary Servos are also used in machines which automate the placement of integrated circuits, capacitors, resistors and diodes. These are then placed on printed circuit boards and will become computer motherboards as well as the brains behind today’s top smart TVs or your iPad.
What applications use them? Rotary Servos are used in the following applications:
- Automated pick and place machines
- Machine tools
- Visual inspection machines
- Medical patient beds for oncology detection and treatment
- Entertainment/film industry for cameras
- Military applications would include gun turrets on helicopters and tanks as well as cameras on unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Why would someone choose one type of Rotary Servo over another? Basically, Rotary Servo is a general term. It can be applied to any of the following: Direct Drive Servo, Parts Sets Servo, or simply a basic rotary table driven by a servo motor. The type of applications for which the Rotary Servo is needed will determine the type the engineers select.
How are the Rotary Servos from Prime Drives different from the competitors? What are the benefits of using them?
- We have designed our Rotary Servos to be flexible offering more gear ratios and diameters than others available in today’s marketplace. This is what distinguishes ours from our competitors.
- We design our Rotary Servos with four distinct diameter tables. These range from 4 inch diameter to 12 inch diameter. There are 24 various ratios within each of these diameter series.
- We offer customization of the table. This can include a machined top plate which eliminates the need for an adapter plate. We can also add custom home sensors. Customization can also be made for the thru hole. This customization alleviates cable management issues or allows for laser pass thru capability.